Sunday 8 November 2009

o.O

So, I posted that commission I did for one of my customers in the local shop where I work earlier this month, nice guy called Nero - wanted it for his girlfriend. Well he came in and paid me today. He asked me how much I wanted for it, and after a lot of umming and ahhhing (I hate asking for money lol) I said well, basic wage is around £5 an hour, and it took me about 3/4 hours, so say £15? And he goes 'Well there ya go!' and reveals the £50 he was hiding behind his back o.O I was like 'Wuuuuh?! I can't take that much!!!' But he just ran off to his car laughing and said he'd be back with another commission for me....

So yeah, £50 for my first commission :) good times :) even if he does seem a bit crazy :P

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! As artists we do sometimes have a hard time figuring out what our time and talents are worth, especially early on in our career. So it's fortunate that you have so generous a patron to help you along.

    Thanks for joining my blog, I will return the gesture so I can keep up with your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :) it is very encouraging to have help so early on, and it makes me want to try very hard to get much better ^_^

    Thank you for returning the gesture :) I appreciate it very much! I hope I can watch your work and learn a lot from you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete